Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It hadn’t really crossed my mind until she said it.
17-02-2004, 01:53 PM,
It hadn’t really crossed my mind until she said it.
Of knowing that I have finally managed to crank up the weekly long run to 13 miles. The Brighton ½ marathon is this coming Sunday, and although it’ll be no stroll in the park, I now know I can again run 13 miles in relative comfort. Big Grin I started further west in Hove, but incorporated most of the race’s route and associated hills, and I'm still here so maybe - just maybe, Cardiac Hill is having some benefit.

Starting slowly really is the key. It’s something I learned very early in my running career, but it never ceases to amaze me how often I forget.

The total run took around 2:10, with a loo break and few quick stops to adjust the wind-jacket which spent about 12.5 miles wrapped around my reducing waist! Eek

In some perverse way I’m looking forward to the coming weekend. A PB is very much dependent on the weather, but I’m hoping that the post run Guinness will spur me towards glory.

If Mrs SP gets her act together with the digital camera, I may even post a pic! I’ve instructed her to stand very near the start line, ostensibly so she can capture me keeping pace with the whippets; more honestly, so I look like a fat bloke running rather than a slobbering heap.

Wish me luck guys. Smile

Messages In This Thread
It hadn’t really crossed my mind until she said it. - by Seafront Plodder - 17-02-2004, 01:53 PM