Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sideways - wine-tasting & running En France
15-08-2005, 09:13 AM,
Sideways - wine-tasting & running En France
Yes, the very same.
I couldn't decide if I prefered the rouge or the blanc, despite intensive testing under various conditions (in the sun, in the shade, in the pool, on the sun lounger, before a meal, after a meal . . .). Our holiday dwelling was in the grounds of one of the regions' finest Pineau producers, so supply was never an issue.

For those unfamiliar with Pineau, it is a blend of so-called inferior wines (in this case Merlot and Cab. Sauv. grapes grown outside the much vaunted Medoc, Jonsac and St Emillion vineyards) and Cognac, forming a most agreeable and quaffable apperatif (or elevenses snifter, or nightcap, or anything in between really). As you say Andy, a regional delight (and one that, I suspect, like many 'holiday drinks', may lose it's allure out of context).

Another 5 miles this morning, though sadly for my legs not the flat, gently winding cinder tracks through the cognac vines and the sunflowers; rather the bone-jarring crunch of the climb to Black Cap and a return to the Sussex downs. 47:15, my slowest for some time. Lots of hard work required to get my hill legs back in action.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

Messages In This Thread
Sideways - wine-tasting & running En France - by Sweder - 15-08-2005, 09:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lockdown Larks: A Non-Running Update Sweder 5 1,251 26-03-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sweder
  Running Links Sweder 4 3,222 28-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Antonio247
  Running in North America 2 - Montreal Sweder 10 5,291 26-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Seafront Plodder