Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 - will one thread be enough for the whole year?
02-06-2019, 10:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-06-2019, 10:16 PM by marathondan.)
RE: 2019 - will one thread be enough for the whole year?
Have parted with the readies for 8th September - it's on.

I hit 10 miles for the first time this weekend, and it was slow and a bit painful. It was on the back of the hottest day of the year, which might account for the sluggishness. I timed the run to avoid all contact with the CL final between my two most hated teams - sounds like it wasn't one for the neutrals anyway. The following day I was pretty creaky. I think my days of evening runs are waning; I much prefer mornings these days - so long as it's not a recumbent day, just moving around makes for an excellent extended cooldown.

On the audio, Richard Herring's RHLSTP podcast. I used to read his blog avidly when I had a lot of time on my hands. Now returning to the podcast after a few years' absence. Comedians interviewed by a comedian, long form. There are some cracking heavyweights in there like Rob Brydon; also interesting chats with people I've never heard of. Got halfway through Les Dennis, who talks effortlessly and fluently; a surprising delight to listen to.

Starting to feel like things are properly underway now. Seems it doesn't get any easier year by year.

Year to date: 180 miles. Jan: 21, Feb 20, Mar 33, Apr 47, May 50

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 - will one thread be enough for the whole year? - by marathondan - 02-06-2019, 10:12 PM
New Forest Marathon 2019 - by marathondan - 13-09-2019, 10:09 PM