Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
January 2019 ... here we go again!
07-01-2019, 08:57 PM,
RE: January 2019 ... here we go again!
7 January 2019         17,317 steps           no running            weight 78.6kg

A cooler, drizzly day today, with constant mizzle washing out the final day of the cricket test at the S.C.G. India have therefore won the series 2-1, their first ever series win in Australia, and thoroughly deserved, too. The Australian test team is now a mere shadow of its former self, and what will be interesting to see is if the disgraced, banned players of Steve Smith, Dave Warner and Cameron Bancroft will return to the side once their bans expire. Bancroft is already eligible to play again, but it seems unlikely that he ever will. Smith and Warner are eligible to play for Australia again in March, and chances are they will be rushed back into the side in an effort to bolster a sadly waning team, although support seems to be stronger for Smith than for Warner who has been labelled (perhaps fairly, perhaps not) the evil mastermind behind the whole sorry episode .
   Apart from Australia’s cricketing fortunes, also on the decline are the tiger moth caterpillars invading in our home. They are still emerging, but in far fewer numbers, though whether this is because of our diligence in getting rid of them, or simply because of the cooler weather, I can’t say.  There’s also the possibility that the ones we have missed will pupate and emerge as moths to begin the whole sorry process again. I can’t tell you how much we’re looking forward to that happening.
   A little surprisingly, one thing I am quite looking forward to is recommencing my early morning runs tomorrow. With a string of early shifts, it means once more that my 4 a.m. runs are on the cards. As I can realistically only squeeze in short outings on these early shifts I will try and run on four consecutive days; something I’ve been warned against doing. I think that being very short runs of 15 to 20 minutes, and with a reasonable warm up and cool down walk bracketing them, it should be fine.
   A quarter-hour run may not seem much, but it’s better than nothing, and a string of four of them should set me up quite well for a longer run on the weekend.
Run. Just run.

Messages In This Thread
RE: January 2019 ... here we go again! - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 07-01-2019, 08:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fat and flabby January Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 8 3,454 28-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Bierzo Baggie
  2015 January is Go Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 8 2,991 02-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Last Post: stillwaddler
  January 2012 - Here We Go Again Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 40 25,801 31-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Last Post: glaconman
  January Jollies Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man 68 34,543 30-01-2006, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Sweder