Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NoGoVember
27-11-2018, 03:06 PM,
RE: NoGoVember
I'm just butting-in at a random point in proceedings and haven't read the previous posts. But if it's of any use MLCMM I've had PF twice, once on each foot. When I was a more prolific runner.

It's a very enigmatic injury, that's for sure. I came out of the other side with the following thoughts:

1. Because the fascia runs around the whole body (skull included) it may be that the plantar is a pinch-point for general fascia problems. So I had weekly deep-tissue massage to free the muscles and fascia within the whole of my lower limbs. Over a period of several months.

2. I found that even when there was pain in my heel I could go for a stop-start run. I would stop every mile and stretch the bottom of my foot for a few mins. Then repeat.

3. The only effective stretch is to put your foot on the other knee and stretch the foot by pulling the toes, en mass, towards your shin. Do for 10 seconds (x10)x3 morning, noon and night.

Other than that it seemed to be a waiting game.

And it's best just to change your focus to something else. Earlier this year I had articular cartilage issues in my left knee. And rather than sweat about it and consider surgery I just flipped to the bike and started cycling 150 miles a week.

6 months later the muscle development seems to have re-tracked the knee joint and I'm able to run again. I'm probably on borrowed time but it does highlight for me the need to balance your cardio with different types of movement because running puts such unique stresses on you body.

Hope things improve quickly.

Messages In This Thread
NoGoVember - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 18-11-2018, 06:04 PM
RE: NoGoVember - by marathondan - 18-11-2018, 09:49 PM
RE: NoGoVember - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 20-11-2018, 09:30 AM
RE: NoGoVember - by glaconman - 27-11-2018, 03:06 PM
RE: NoGoVember - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 30-11-2018, 11:12 AM