Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Long ... And Thanks For All The Fish
15-04-2013, 08:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 15-04-2013, 08:40 AM by Sweder.)
RE: So Long ... And Thanks For All The Fish
Terribly sad to learn that a young man (23) collapsed and died on the course yesterday. That brings my own tribulations into sharp relief.

Congratulations to my fellow Sunday runners, all of whom bagged decent PBs on what turned out to be a pretty good day for distance running. Adi clocked 3:41 and Stevio, formerly of this Parrish, romped home in 3:07. Astonishing. My errant calf throbbed all morning, as if to assure me that it really would have done for me had I been daft enough to line up. The pang of perceived loss lurked just behind, so I drowned it in a couple of pints of Dark Star Brewery's Revelation. What a delightful ale that is.

A special mention for Lel Smith, outstanding centre back for the Rookettes, who completed her first marathon in aid of Team Tim, named after her late brother. I hear the Lewes ladies fitness coach, Steve, was 'in agony' yesterday. Plentiful were the cheerful tweets between players, asking for video footage of Steve attempting to descend the stairs. How cruel.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Long ... And Thanks For All The Fish - by Sweder - 15-04-2013, 08:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Long And Winding Road . . . Again Sweder 8 3,554 29-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Sweder