Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May the road rise to meet your feet...
28-05-2011, 11:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 29-05-2011, 11:39 AM by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man.)
RE: May the road rise to meet your feet...
Rounded out week 10 of serious training with another reasonably rapid 10km hilly circuit in 59 minutes, giving me a total of 44 km for the week, which is one of my better efforts. Nice to see quite a few other runners out there this morning, too. Nice range of runners from newbies to serious athletes, and all of them pretty friendly. And you can include in that list of newbie runners my #1 sprog who took up the challenge and came out with me yesterday to complete his first ever 5km effort. He has his eye on the half marathon in September and should get there easily at the rate he's progressing. It's great to have another runner in the family!

As for me, well so far, nearly 300km into this round of training everything's holding up pretty well. The knees are a tad sore but nothing worrying.

Still need to do more hill work though. Never mind, this coming week sees the first entry into the schedule of hill repeats.

Can't wait. Wink
Run. Just run.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post race report - by marathondan - 23-05-2011, 12:13 PM
RE: May the road rise to meet your feet... - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 28-05-2011, 11:53 PM