Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home is where...
02-08-2004, 01:55 PM,
Home is where...
No wonder Andy is such a fan; the following could have been written by either of them I suggest. It's actually lifted from Bogle's web site ==> http://www.windbourne.com/ebogle/

Oh, bright shining youth, where did you go? Mostly drowned in the bottom of a beer glass, if my memory serves me correctly. Or wasted on a succession of shallow, pretty heartbreakers. Was it worth it? You have to be kidding ... of course it was. Youth is a currency to be spent well, not wisely. Time enough for the wisdom bit when you are up to your neck in kids and mortgages.

Sentiments several of us here would probably wholeheartedly agree with, even if perhaps we never quite got around to the wisdom among kids and mortgages bit.

I had the pleasure of recording Eric Bogle many moons ago in some seedy folk club somewhere in my previous life as a recording engineer. Due to some bust up about broadcast rights, the material was never used. I remember it was part of a series that included the likes of Dougie Maclean, Andy Irvine, Vin Garbutt
and a bunch of Aussie folkies. Much of that material survived but I lost track of the Bogle tapes. Pity.

Well this turned out to be quite an interesting thread after all, eh?

It seems now a requirement to end a post in this thread with "by the way", by the way.
Run. Just run.

Messages In This Thread
Home is where... - by Seafront Plodder - 01-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Home is where... - by El Gordo - 01-08-2004, 10:19 PM
Home is where... - by Seafront Plodder - 02-08-2004, 08:26 AM
Home is where... - by Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 02-08-2004, 01:55 PM