Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great (?) Manchester 10K
20-05-2008, 03:17 PM,
Great (?) Manchester 10K
Note to race organisers:
PROHIBIT THE USE OF EARPHONES IN RACES

So many people seem to come a cropper thanks to gormless brain-addled fools slewing across lanes of traffic whilst their heads swim with the latest Puff Diddy or the theme from Flashdance or whatever cacophony they choose as their running mantra. There's no science behind my rant but the evidence speaks volumes; music players are not conducive to social activities. Perhaps some wag will come up with a seal-scarer type device that omits a piercing shriek through sets of headphones. That could be fun.

Sounds like Herr Foster managed to deliver the expected Pamplona-style stampede for the sake of squeezing a few more thousands into his event. This is sadly reminiscent of the opening couple of miles in the Brighton Half where the river of runners was thrust through inappropriately narrow streets competing for pavement with parked bikes, doddery locals, small dogs and dustbins. Sorry to hear about Mr SWs injuries but dead chuffed that he managed to break the hour. Sounds like you were pretty close yourself in tough conditions.

I agree with EG on the writing styles thing; I was banging on about my own lazy writing. I really enjoy the diverse styles here. No two writers are alike which not only reaffirms George Sheehan's supposition re: runners but makes for great entertainment.

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

Messages In This Thread
Great (?) Manchester 10K - by stillwaddler - 20-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Great (?) Manchester 10K - by Bierzo Baggie - 20-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Great (?) Manchester 10K - by Sweder - 20-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Great (?) Manchester 10K - by Nigel - 21-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Great (?) Manchester 10K - by stillwaddler - 27-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Great (?) Manchester 10K - by Sweder - 27-05-2008, 01:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Great"? Manchester 10K stillwaddler 4 2,421 30-05-2006, 11:01 AM
Last Post: stillwaddler