Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scousenfreude
23-05-2007, 11:35 PM,
Scousenfreude
I bit my tongue as the derisive texts rained down last Saturday afternoon. My beloved Rowdies lost the battle of the Two Teams What Went To Wembley But Didn't Want To Win . . . and by 7 pm on Saturday didn't I know it.

The worst offenders were a small but dedicated cluster of Mickey Mousers who I'm sure derive more pleasure from a Rowdies failure than their own team's success. Suffice to say I shall not stoop to their level; I genuinely wanted Liverpool to lift the European Cup for a sixth time. I was really looking forward to those high-pitched tones declaring a sixth glorious victory, closely followed by the reminder that you can't buy 50 years of tradition. Sadly it was not to be. The Merseysiders were not disgraced; in fact, compared with the mauling my lot got in the San Siro this was a veritable triumph for $tevie MbE and his battle-weary warriors.

But we must move on.
I've recently invested in HD technology and was staggered by the clarity of the picture last night. Here's a random snapshot taken with my phone cam offered in evidence of the quality of the image.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph

Messages In This Thread
Scousenfreude - by Sweder - 23-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Scousenfreude - by Nick - 24-05-2007, 06:26 AM
Scousenfreude - by El Gordo - 24-05-2007, 06:58 AM
Scousenfreude - by Sweder - 24-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Scousenfreude - by El Gordo - 26-05-2007, 12:24 AM
Scousenfreude - by Sweder - 26-05-2007, 09:36 AM