RunningCommentary.net Forums
New Password Access - Printable Version

+- RunningCommentary.net Forums (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Website (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: New Password Access (/showthread.php?tid=463)

New Password Access - Sweder - 27-07-2007

I'm not a computer boffin - that's not much of a revelation! - BUT if the forum's password protected and I'm in here with six 'guests' . . .
a) how'd the guests get in (unless it's 6 members using their cloaking devices
b) if the guests are actually 'bots', how'd the bots get the password???

I feel like I'm trapped in Minority Report . . .
my brain hurts Sad

New Password Access - Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 29-07-2007

Sweder Wrote:I'm not a computer boffin - that's not much of a revelation! - BUT if the forum's password protected and I'm in here with six 'guests' . . .
a) how'd the guests get in (unless it's 6 members using their cloaking devices
b) if the guests are actually 'bots', how'd the bots get the password???

I feel like I'm trapped in Minority Report . . .
my brain hurts Sad

Hmm, I'm seeing the same thing. Does seem a bit strange. Confused

New Password Access - El Gordo - 29-07-2007

They're just 'bots' I believe. Sort of techno-ghosts, living in the shadows of our presence. Try to ignore tham, and they may go away.

New Password Access - Sweder - 31-07-2007

Man, you soon find out when things change just what you've been taking for granted.
I used to love peeping at the forum to see who's posted new stuff.
Now you have to slip in and out of each diary to dig out recent posts.

Hmm . . . perhaps I should go out and get a life? :o

Hey! Just realised if you take the 'Individual Training Diaries' route you can see new posts!
Same thing for this section once you've clicked on 'Main' too. God I feel like a member of the Flat Earth society. They were right, you know . . .

Ha! Who needs a life??? Big Grin

New Password Access - El Gordo - 31-07-2007

Sweder Wrote:Man, you soon find out when things change just what you've been taking for granted.
I used to love peeping at the forum to see who's posted new stuff.
Now you have to slip in and out of each diary to dig out recent posts.

Hmm . . . perhaps I should go out and get a life? :o

Hey! Just realised if you take the 'Individual Training Diaries' route you can see new posts!
Same thing for this section once you've clicked on 'Main' too. God I feel like a member of the Flat Earth society. They were right, you know . . .

Ha! Who needs a life??? Big Grin

Yeah, nothing should be much different. If you don't clear your cookies, you shouldn't have to keep re-entering the password. Things should be the same as they always were.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

New Password Access - Sweder - 31-07-2007

It's all good . . . now.
When I first accessed the site via the password it showed all the diaries as never having had posts - like they were all new. Since I hit those heading links - 'Individual Diaries' and 'Main' - the diaries are showing last post details again.

Don't mind me, it's just old age ; )

New Password Access - El Gordo - 31-07-2007

That happened to me too, first time, but after entering the password once (or perhaps once for each category -- can't remember) I've been OK.