RunningCommentary.net Forums
November 2015 - Printable Version

+- RunningCommentary.net Forums (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Training Diaries (Individuals) (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Sweder (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: November 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=2427)

November 2015 - Sweder - 12-11-2015

Trees explode in colour
Yellow! Red! Gold!
Oooh, aaaah,
Cantona

Mud-caked leaves lie
Nature's cartridges, spent
Trampled underfoot
We run on, on

November rolls in
Grey clouds on her shoulders
A musty old stole
Winter is coming

An expectedly tardy start to the month so far.
CWD Friends For Life pretty much wiped out any running options, though I was up on my toes for pretty much five days straight. We're launching a UK Charity in 2016 and I've agreed to be a trustee. There's no doubt I'm on the masochistic end of the spectrum.

Then Bonfire came along. Revelry, burning things, hosting overseas colleagues after FFL, burning things, tasting a variety of regional ales, burning things. This week saw a return to normality and to the hills. The body feels pretty good, if still slightly mishapen. The foulness that caused me to miss my rendezvous with Miss Q and the Fat One seems to be lurking under the skin. I'll temp it out with a run or two.

More base work, standard stuff, 3 to 5 klicks in the morning with plenty of effort being thrown in on these short, sharp sojourns. Next up it's Hamburg for Intermodal, closely followed by a return to Vancouver for the World Diabetes Conference. The runners are in the suitcase.

On, on.

RE: November 2015 - Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 12-11-2015

I didn't understand much of that, but it sounds groovy. Yay, man. Nice one, I like it a lot.

What?

RE: November 2015 - Sweder - 12-11-2015

(12-11-2015, 12:29 PM)Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man Wrote: I didn't understand much of that, but it sounds groovy. Yay, man. Nice one, I like it a lot.

What?

Normal service is resumed

RE: November 2015 - Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 20-11-2015

Anyone seen the big guy?

[Image: tumbleweed_rolling_dirt_road.jpg]

RE: November 2015 - Charliecat5 - 20-11-2015

(20-11-2015, 06:34 AM)Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man Wrote: Anyone seen the big guy?

[Image: tumbleweed_rolling_dirt_road.jpg]

Last spotted drinking copious amounts of German beer in Hamburg.  But I haven't actually seen him for ages. 

RE: November 2015 - Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 22-11-2015

"The runners are in the suitcase".

Perhaps he has retired them to the attic?

RE: November 2015 - Charliecat5 - 22-11-2015

(22-11-2015, 12:21 PM)Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man Wrote: "The runners are in the suitcase".

Nope... the man is alive and well (if you can call the vision I saw this morning "well").  We've been running... I took him out for some hill reps.  I believe he's still in a ditch trying to call a taxi.

RE: November 2015 - Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 22-11-2015

(22-11-2015, 12:28 PM)Charliecat5 Wrote:
(22-11-2015, 12:21 PM)Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man Wrote: "The runners are in the suitcase".

Nope... the man is alive and well (if you can call the vision I saw this morning "well").  We've been running... I took him out for some hill reps.  I believe he's still in a ditch trying to call a taxi.

But this is outrageous ... the man is running but not writing? Is he not well? Is the Penguin running amok, not in Gotham, but in Lewes??

RE: November 2015 - Sweder - 25-11-2015

There is literally no time to write.
I'll write about it, when I get time.
Just hopping a train to Vancouver, more soon.

RE: November 2015 - Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 28-11-2015

[Image: keep-calm-and-happy-birthday-with-tons-of-bacon.png]

RE: November 2015 - Sweder - 01-12-2015

*Like*
Mmmm ... bacon ....