RunningCommentary.net Forums
Almería half marathon 2009 - Printable Version

+- RunningCommentary.net Forums (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Other Races, Events, Arrangements (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Almería half marathon 2009 (/showthread.php?tid=196)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Almería half marathon 2009 - Sweder - 23-12-2008

Hi Antonio, great news.
I've registered en Espanol no problema - however, for some reason my mastercard is being denied (I'm pretty sure I haven't melted it yet so may be a fault with the online payment system). I'll try again later.

A Guide For The Brits
Here's a guide to completing the online registration form in Spanish:
[SIZE="1"](See image of form below for reference)[/SIZE]

First up click here. Go to the general information tab on the yellow header and click on the drop-down option (subsription). The next page asks if you want the half or the 10k. Make your choice and you should get the form you see below. Then:

Nombre = first name
Apellidos = Surname
DNI = passport number

Fecha . . . = date of birth dd/mm/yyyy
Sexo = come on . . .
Club = Club name (I always put Running Commentary)
Lic. fed = leave blank
BRILEG = select NO
Categoria . . . = select NO
Universidad = select NO
Local = select NO
Codigo de Chip = enter serial number of your own chip if you have one (we don't)

Direccion = Address
Localidad = Town
Codigo Postal = spanish post code - enter 12345
Provincia = County
Pais = Country
Telephone Fijo and Movil = you can only enter 9 digits in each box
Correo electronico = e-mail address

Cuota de particion = select 12 euro option
Elija cuando y como pagar = click the second button (Deseo . . .) - this is for credit card payment on line. Other option is for bank transfer

Then click grabar inscripcion button . . . and hopefully you're in

Next up is the online payment section which should be straight forward, although mine didn't go through. The message I got said my bank refused the transaction but that's not likely.
I'll try again later.

Good luck all - I just got my confirmation e-mail so I'm in bar sorting the payment.

Almería half marathon 2009 - El Gordo - 23-12-2008

Great work Sweder, thank you.

Almería half marathon 2009 - Antonio247 - 24-12-2008

Wonderful work, Sw. You´re a great translator and the fastest to enter.
Gracias.

Almería half marathon 2009 - ladyrunner - 24-12-2008

Great work Mr Sweds. I will tackle the half marathon form after Christmas.

Will you be giving out handy lessons on how to ask for 2 beers and a bottle of red wine??:RFLMAO::RFLMAO:

Almería half marathon 2009 - Sweder - 24-12-2008

ladyrunner Wrote:Will you be giving out handy lessons on how to ask for 2 beers and a bottle of red wine??:RFLMAO::RFLMAO:

Just follow my lead, lovely legs Wink If you can't find me look out for SP Big Grin
Not a word of Spanish yet never fails to fill his glass :RFLMAO:

Almería half marathon 2009 - Simon Ho - 26-12-2008

Sweder,

Cheers for the step by step registration instructions, I'm now in!

I'm still feeling terrible and spent the last couple of days in bed! With any luck I might venture out for the New Years Day run.

In the meantime I need to sort out my London Marathon place.

Si

Almería half marathon 2009 - ladyrunner - 29-12-2008

I've entered the Half Marathon and my payment was accepted okay.SmileSmile

Club entered as Running Commentary (not Arena 80 or B&HAC)!! When do we collect the Race Chip - is it at the pre-race get together??

Almería half marathon 2009 - El Gordo - 29-12-2008

ladyrunner Wrote:I've entered the Half Marathon and my payment was accepted okay.SmileSmile

Club entered as Running Commentary (not Arena 80 or B&HAC)!! When do we collect the Race Chip - is it at the pre-race get together??

Well done LR; you have successfully completed stage 2...

Yep, they have a mini expo at the stadium the night before the race where we have to register and pick up the first instalment of the goodie bag. You get the chip then. Talking of chips, we're still on tenterhooks about the usual free pre-race meal. If it's not included this time, we'll have to make some other plan.

Almería half marathon 2009 - Antonio247 - 29-12-2008

If there isn´t pasta dinner at the stadium this year, we could go somewhere to have dinner. Depending on what kind of meal you´d like, we could decide the place. If you want Italian food, we could go to "La Tagliatella", at the beginning of the rambla near the port. If you prefer assorted plates such as ham, cheese, etc we could go to "El Quinto Toro" or a similar bar in the town centre, etc.

Saludos desde Almería

Almería half marathon 2009 - El Gordo - 29-12-2008

anlu247 Wrote:If there isn´t pasta dinner at the stadium this year, we could go somewhere to have dinner. Depending on what kind of meal you´d like, we could decide the place. If you want Italian food, we could go to "La Tagliatella", at the beginning of the rambla near the port. If you prefer assorted plates such as ham, cheese, etc we could go to "El Quinto Toro" or a similar bar in the town centre, etc.

Saludos desde Almería

Thanks Antonio. Personally, I would prefer the Italian. Not that carbo-loading is really necessary for a half, but it's a tradition. There'll be plenty of opportunities for the bars on the other nights.

If there's no free meal this year, so be it. To be honest, although it's a generous gesture by the organisers, it's always a little frantic and the food is nothing too special (though the size of those chicken legs makes them one of the great wonders of the world). It might be better to get registered and get away to an earlier and more suitable meal, and get back to the hotel to catch up on some sleep.

Almería half marathon 2009 - Antonio247 - 29-12-2008

Yes, I agree with you, EG. I like the place with the view of the stadium but it´s really hard to eat all together and everybody has to eat the same dishes.

Anyway, it´s difficult to have dinner earlier than 8 pm here. If you all agree with "La Tagliatella", I´ll check what time it opens on Saturday evenings.

Almería half marathon 2009 - ladyrunner - 29-12-2008

If there's no free meal "La Tagliatella" sounds like a good alternative plan. I would rather eat Italian the night before the race and save the bar meals for after the race.

JulieSmileSmileSmile

Almería half marathon 2009 - Ana - 30-12-2008

It is really a pity that pasta dinner at the football stadium will not take place. Taggliatteli is also Ok for me.
Javi and me have already signed out for 10K. Perhaps 3 or 4 more lazy friends will come too! Eek I am not sure if they will run, but they will eat (and rehydrating). I will keept you informed. See you soon and thank you Anlu for all the arragements.
Nice new year's eve to everybody.

Almería half marathon 2009 - Gillybean831 - 31-12-2008

MANY THANKS SWEEEEEEDER,
HOPEFULLY IVE FOLLOWED ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND I'M IN!!!Eek
HOPE YOU HAVE A FAB NEW YEARS EVE, EVE.
WILL YOU BE AT THE HANGOVER RUN? SHOULD BE A BREEZE FOR YOU
RUNNING WITH A HANGOVER!!!!:RFLMAO:
GB

Almería half marathon 2009 - Sweder - 31-12-2008

Anlu, let's resolve to sort out the hotel rooms next week. I'll send you a list of names as I have them. How many rooms do you have on hold for us? Ana, please let me or Anlu know if you need a room/ rooms for your party at Tryp Indalo.

Gillybean, Ladyrunner, you are most welcome Smile

Almería half marathon 2009 - Antonio247 - 01-01-2009

Hola, S.

I´ve already answered via e-mail.

Happy new year!

Antonio

Almería half marathon 2009 - Ana - 02-01-2009

Dear Sw, Anlu,
at the moment, one of my friend have a small house in Almeria, so, regarding hotel, we do not need any room.
In case that we will need logement, I will organice it by myself.
Thanks anyway.
ana

Almería half marathon 2009 - ladyrunner - 06-01-2009

Gary and myself are now entered for the Half Marathon for Team Running CommentarySmileSmile

Almería half marathon 2009 - Seafront Plodder - 06-01-2009

My err...'special friend' and I have just entered the 10k under Team Running Commentary. Whether we get to the start line or not is another matter. Rolleyes

€4 is worth the risk though. Big Grin

Almería half marathon 2009 - Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 06-01-2009

Seafront Plodder Wrote:My err...'special friend' and I have just entered the 10k under Team Running Commentary. Whether we get to the start line or not is another matter. Rolleyes

€4 is worth the risk though. Big Grin

Good on yer SP!