RunningCommentary.net Forums
Almeria 2010 - Printable Version

+- RunningCommentary.net Forums (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Other Races, Events, Arrangements (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Almeria 2010 (/showthread.php?tid=1740)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Almeria 2010 - El Gordo - 08-02-2010

OK, some snaps from Almeria 2010.

I have loads more, which I'll get up on Flickr, but here are a few tasters, in chronological order. Apologies for the lack of running-related snaps....

RE: Almeria 2010 - Sweder - 09-02-2010

Ashamed to say I bailed on LR's monster run today - luckily for me I have some issues in Valencia to sort out before noon.
If you think getting a race started in that part of the world is a challenge try organising an international trade fair.

Thanks to EG for publishing the pictures. I'd like to assure everyone that I wasn't pissed for the entire weekend despite the above damning evidence to the contrary Sad I'll publish a few of my own in my CdG report and also upload to the Flickr site if I can get access. I have a few running pics in there Big Grin

RE: Almeria 2010 - ladyrunner - 09-02-2010

(09-02-2010, 09:38 AM)Sweder Wrote: Thanks to EG for publishing the pictures. I'd like to assure everyone that I wasn't pissed for the entire weekend despite the above damning evidence to the contrary Sad I'll publish a few of my own in my CdG report and also upload to the Flickr site if I can get access. I have a few running pics in there Big Grin

Yes thank you EG for sharing your photos. It looks like my weekend was filled up with drinking beer, Spanish men and having my feet kissed by a drunk Brit on Tour Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Almeria 2010 - Sweder - 12-02-2010

Welcome Rock Bunny ; )

Bad injury to Rock Bunny - Sweder - 01-03-2010

Just learned that our newest member suffered a nasty accident out on the Downs yesterday. Not sure of the details other than the incident occured after the Snake, required ambulance recovery and the injured party has since recupperated with quantities of red wine.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery from your Almeria team-mates Tracey.

RE: Bad injury to Rock Bunny - El Gordo - 01-03-2010

(01-03-2010, 11:08 AM)Sweder Wrote: Just learned that our newest member has a nasty accident out on the Downs yesterday. Not sure of the details other than the incident occured after the Snake, required ambulance recovery and the injured party has since recupperated with quantities of red wine.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery from your Almeria team-mates Tracey.

Wow, bad luck Tracey -- I hope this isn't serious, though an ambulance doesn't sound too promising. An update when available would be appreciated.

RE: Bad injury to Rock Bunny - Simon Ho - 01-03-2010

(01-03-2010, 01:10 PM)El Gordo Wrote: Wow, bad luck Tracey -- I hope this isn't serious, though an ambulance doesn't sound too promising. An update when available would be appreciated.

I'm sure Tracey will appreciate all your comments, I got a text from her this morning. She said she feels rubbish, but is ok.

It was in horrible, cold, wet, muddy conditions, she fell over by the reservoir and thought she broke her ankle. Due to the location she had to be airlifted to hospital. Luckily nothing is broken, but is on strong painkillers.

Tracey, hope you make a speedy recovery!

Si

RE: Bad injury to Rock Bunny - El Gordo - 01-03-2010

(01-03-2010, 02:08 PM)Simon Ho Wrote:
(01-03-2010, 01:10 PM)El Gordo Wrote: Wow, bad luck Tracey -- I hope this isn't serious, though an ambulance doesn't sound too promising. An update when available would be appreciated.

I'm sure Tracey will appreciate all your comments, I got a text from her this morning. She said she feels rubbish, but is ok.

It was in horrible, cold, wet, muddy conditions, she fell over by the reservoir and thought she broke her ankle. Due to the location she had to be airlifted to hospital. Luckily nothing is broken, but is on strong painkillers.

Tracey, hope you make a speedy recovery!

Si

Thanks Simon. Sounds like very nasty conditions to have an injury. Not that any place would be OK to get hurt, but in the cold and wet it must have been doubly unpleasant.

If you see her or are in contact, please convey our best wishes for a quick recovery. At least she has youth on her side. These things seem to heal more quickly when you're younger.

RE: Almeria 2010 - ladyrunner - 01-03-2010

Yes this is shocking news about our newest member of the Almeria gang. I read about it on FB too.

Luckily somebody was carrying a mobile phone this time. I always carry mine on the Downs - you never know when you might need it in an emergency .... or to take a photo or two.

Hope you get back running soon Tracey.

LR xx

RE: Almeria 2010 - Antonio247 - 01-03-2010

I´ve just come back from a trip and learnt this terrible piece of news.

I hope you get better soon, Tracey, so that you can go on training.

Keep us updated with your recovery, please.

Antonio

RE: Almeria 2010 - Sweder - 02-03-2010

Just checked in with Tracey's FB page for an update. Seems she's 'fine' now - very sore ankle - but not broken - after an ugly fall towards the end of a long, tough run. Hopefully more from the lady herself soon.

RE: Almeria 2010 - Seafront Plodder - 02-03-2010

Get well soon Tracey. Hope it doesn't scupper any long term running plans you have.

And an excellent turn of phrase from Antonio too. Big Grin