RunningCommentary.net Forums
Copenhagen Marathon Result - Breaking News - Printable Version

+- RunningCommentary.net Forums (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Main (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Running (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Copenhagen Marathon Result - Breaking News (/showthread.php?tid=1543)

Copenhagen Marathon Result - Breaking News - Nigel - 17-05-2004

Andy finished marathon number 3 - a fantastic achievement.
5:23:59.

Well done and very many congratulations.

Copenhagen Marathon Result - Breaking News - Nigel - 17-05-2004

Here are our hero's splits:

Copenhagen Marathon Result - Breaking News - Iceman - 17-05-2004

Folks, I'd say we were hood winked! All of Andy's talk of nagging injuries, lack of confidence and the ol' "big toe in the sand" modesty routine would appear to have been a bunch of rubbish! Nicely done, Andy! Congratulations on a fine race. Those splits look pretty consistent for someone who doubted his ability to even finish. Well done!

Copenhagen Marathon Result - Breaking News - Antonio247 - 17-05-2004

Congratulations, Andy! You did it.

Did you have a good time in Copenhagen and at the wedding? Did you try the Danish potato salad and Danish biscuits? Perhaps not but I´m sure you had Carlsberg beer. So did I to your success.

I´m looking forward to reading your report on the trip and the marathon.

Best wishes.

Antonio

Copenhagen Marathon Result - Breaking News - Seafront Plodder - 18-05-2004

Andy you canny old dog!

You appear to have stumbled upon a hitherto unknown marathon training schedule, well done!

I am genuinely looking forward to hearing how you can be so successful on such a crap (reported) preparation.

......or were you telling porkies?

Congratulations! [Image: action-smiley-033.gif]

Copenhagen Marathon Result - Breaking News - stillwaddler - 18-05-2004

brilliant stuff, the really long taper obviously worked a treat!!! Was mentally urging you on on my own longish run on Sunday...hope the celelbrations are going well and that you haven't sustained any injuries, Did your calf play up again? Was it all worth it? Yeh - course it was!

Copenhagen Marathon Result - Breaking News - suzieq - 18-05-2004

Congratulations Andy!

I think you must've been in better shape than you actually let on...you did really well. I admit that I was a little worried being that you hadn't gotten in as many long runs as you would've liked, but it appears to have not made a difference.

Way to go - now you can take some well deserved time off and just enjoy yourself.

Suzie

Copenhagen Marathon Result - Breaking News - Seafront Plodder - 18-05-2004

Quote:Originally posted by suzieq
...take some well deserved time off and just enjoy yourself.

Suzie

That's exactly what he has been doing though Suzie Big Grin

Copenhagen Marathon Result - Breaking News - Seafront Plodder - 30-05-2004

Superb report Andy! As ever an experience that can't fail to leave the reader unaffected. I must mention the paragraph that likens running a marathon to an LSD trip Cool Inspired!

I also must just add, that anyone who has to walk 3.4 miles to mow the lawn really should think about getting some staff. Eek

Copenhagen Marathon Result - Breaking News - El Gordo - 30-05-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Seafront Plodder
I must mention the paragraph that likens running a marathon to an LSD trip Cool Inspired!

So I'm told, SP...

Rolleyes