RunningCommentary.net Forums
So Long ... And Thanks For All The Fish - Printable Version

+- RunningCommentary.net Forums (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Training Diaries (Individuals) (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Sweder (http://www.runningcommentary.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: So Long ... And Thanks For All The Fish (/showthread.php?tid=2217)

Pages: 1 2

RE: So Long ... And Thanks For All The Fish - marathondan - 15-04-2013

For a moment there I thought you'd tried osteopathy on the mouse...

Ridiculous of course. That should only be undertaken by a trained practitioner (or a young frenchwoman who vaguely looks like she knows what she's doing).

RE: So Long ... And Thanks For All The Fish - Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man - 15-04-2013

(15-04-2013, 11:39 AM)marathondan Wrote: For a moment there I thought you'd tried osteopathy on the mouse...

Ridiculous of course. That should only be undertaken by a trained practitioner (or a young frenchwoman who vaguely looks like she knows what she's doing).

She'd need ridiculously small hands...

RE: So Long ... And Thanks For All The Fish - Sweder - 15-04-2013

(15-04-2013, 10:25 AM)tomroper Wrote: My tilt at the Three Forts, aka a walk in Robert Macfarlane's footsteps, may have to be called off.

The Three Forts, you say?
The impossibly vertical, off-road man-hammering akin to the Steyning Stinger? In a week or two?
And there's me, with all that hilly training sloshing about and a rapidly-healing haematoma.
Get thee behind me, Tom Roper!

Oh, and don't mind me, fellas. I'm loving all this Franco-rodent interaction as much as everyone else. Was the Mouse wearing a beret? Or trailing a tiny string of onions?

I've got this all wrong, haven't I?
Oh dear.

RE: So Long ... And Thanks For All The Fish - The Beast of Bevendean - 15-04-2013

(15-04-2013, 03:13 PM)Sweder Wrote:
(15-04-2013, 10:25 AM)tomroper Wrote: My tilt at the Three Forts, aka a walk in Robert Macfarlane's footsteps, may have to be called off.

The Three Forts, you say?
The impossibly vertical, off-road man-hammering akin to the Steyning Stinger? In a week or two?
And there's me, with all that hilly training sloshing about and a rapidly-healing haematoma.
Get thee behind me, Tom Roper!

Oh, and don't mind me, fellas. I'm loving all this Franco-rodent interaction as much as everyone else. Was the Mouse wearing a beret? Or trailing a tiny string of onions?

I've got this all wrong, haven't I?
Oh dear.

That's the one, though I should make it clear I'm only doing the half-marathon impossibly vertical etc etc. The original plan was to do the full distance but as my sixteen week training plan collided with chest infections and overwhelming fatigue whenever I venture out of the house in running shoes, I had to moderate my ambitions. This co-codamol is jolly good stuff and I think if I eat enough of it between now and 5 May, I'll be fine.
To clarify, the mouse was a native Seaford rodent. I could tell because it stressed the second syllable of the town's name, the way the locals do that seems so odd to an incomer like me.