RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: New Password Access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not a computer boffin - that's not much of a revelation! - BUT if the forum's password protected and I'm in here with six 'guests' . . .
a) how'd the guests get in (unless it's 6 members using their cloaking devices
b) if the guests are actually 'bots', how'd the bots get the password???

I feel like I'm trapped in Minority Report . . .
my brain hurts Sad
Sweder Wrote:I'm not a computer boffin - that's not much of a revelation! - BUT if the forum's password protected and I'm in here with six 'guests' . . .
a) how'd the guests get in (unless it's 6 members using their cloaking devices
b) if the guests are actually 'bots', how'd the bots get the password???

I feel like I'm trapped in Minority Report . . .
my brain hurts Sad

Hmm, I'm seeing the same thing. Does seem a bit strange. Confused
They're just 'bots' I believe. Sort of techno-ghosts, living in the shadows of our presence. Try to ignore tham, and they may go away.
Man, you soon find out when things change just what you've been taking for granted.
I used to love peeping at the forum to see who's posted new stuff.
Now you have to slip in and out of each diary to dig out recent posts.

Hmm . . . perhaps I should go out and get a life? :o

Hey! Just realised if you take the 'Individual Training Diaries' route you can see new posts!
Same thing for this section once you've clicked on 'Main' too. God I feel like a member of the Flat Earth society. They were right, you know . . .

Ha! Who needs a life??? Big Grin
Sweder Wrote:Man, you soon find out when things change just what you've been taking for granted.
I used to love peeping at the forum to see who's posted new stuff.
Now you have to slip in and out of each diary to dig out recent posts.

Hmm . . . perhaps I should go out and get a life? :o

Hey! Just realised if you take the 'Individual Training Diaries' route you can see new posts!
Same thing for this section once you've clicked on 'Main' too. God I feel like a member of the Flat Earth society. They were right, you know . . .

Ha! Who needs a life??? Big Grin

Yeah, nothing should be much different. If you don't clear your cookies, you shouldn't have to keep re-entering the password. Things should be the same as they always were.

Tell me if I'm wrong.
It's all good . . . now.
When I first accessed the site via the password it showed all the diaries as never having had posts - like they were all new. Since I hit those heading links - 'Individual Diaries' and 'Main' - the diaries are showing last post details again.

Don't mind me, it's just old age ; )
That happened to me too, first time, but after entering the password once (or perhaps once for each category -- can't remember) I've been OK.