RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: September Already
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gosh where does a month go?

August was a disaster and I'm glad it's over. I was sick for nearly the whole month, and still only about 80% better.

Currently I'm in Brisbane, where it's sunny and warm. I took the opportunity to go for a 17km jaunt around the Brisbane river; work up a good sweat and get rid of this bug. It didn't work, but anyway, I am slowly getting over it. I have consoled myself watching the Osaka World Championships, and enjoyed Steve Ovett's commentary once again, although he seems to have been slightly nobbled this time - he stills displays great insight and knowledge of the athletes, but the cutting witicisms are gone. He no longer calls a spade a bloody shovel, so I'm not sure what has happened?

I'm in Brisbane for another two weeks. I have to start work at 4:30 a.m., so I'm not sure what that will do to my training. In fact yes I do know - it will ruin it completely. My schedule has jumped out of the window and been blown away in a stiff breeze. So for now I'm just aiming to get this job done and then get back to Hobart and see where we go from there.

But I am enjoying the weather.

If only I was well enough to drink more beer...