RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: September 2007 - General Stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sweder Wrote:Blimey . . . I need to pack in the ale for a bit; that, or start wearing stealth running gear.
Dear Mr Ultra Runner, I think your results speak for themselves. Waistline-watching is for the vain. Ale is good!
Well said Dan, though it also holds true that I could lose a stone (or two) and vastly improve performance.

However I think I'll have a pint at lunchtime in tribute to the Special One.
Or as the Beeb said on their website today, the Special Gone Big Grin
An extremely pleasant 15+ miler this morning, likely to be the last for a week or two as more intense work looms. In fact running generally will be taking a back seat. Its feast or famine in my line of work; when the crop's ready you harvest, or you starve - all else is secondary until the season ends and it's back to the fallow weeks. Here's hoping there's enough in the miles bank to tide me over for a bit.
So, farewell then, Marcel Marceau
With your white gloves
And fixed expression
You entertained us

I wonder; what were your
Famous Last Words?

(Respectful silence)
Just wondered if anyone else caught the excellent Simon Barnes piece in the Times about Aussie pom-baiting this week? It sat opposite a robust piece by Clive Woodward claiming the mind games never bothered him or the team.

The gist of Barnes's piece was this. Take John 'chip on both shoulders' O'Neil's anti-English rant, remove 'England' or 'English' and insert one of the following: Jews, Muslims, immigrants, women, homosexuals. See? It's OTT and demeans the good-natured rivalry between the nations.

Sporting banter should be just that; banter.
There should be no place for bigotry, least of all from so-called sports leaders. Here's to a cracking game this afternoon. And may the dull, pedestrian poms mightily upset the big-headed, large-mouthed Aussies Big Grin
Lewes Downland Ten report here.
Pages: 1 2