RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: Ducks, Ponds, Waddling, and all that...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if anyone was planning on doing the Duck Pond Waddle next Sunday (2nd Dec)? If you haven't contemplated it, then it's 9 miles of mud, rutted track, hill and, probably, rain, starting from the West Worthing Tennis Club, in sunny Durrington. And, if my description wasn't sufficiently enticing, you get a wine glass for your troubles. Yes that's right, a wine glass. Which has got to be better than what you get for hauling yourself around the Mince Pie Ten a week later...go on, guess!
Hiya Remster. Can't make the Waddle sadly as I'll be working in Amsterdam. I'm planning to make the Mince Pie Ten though - Mmmm! We enjoyed a good windy blast into the hills today - you'd've loved it!

See you soon.
Looks like a few of the JSJers are finding their way back to the website after recent changes. In case you missed details of the Almería Half Marathon trip here's a recap:

Flights: were around £ 30 round trip - may be a little higher now.
Easyjet Gatwick - Almeria on Saturday 26th Jan
Return on Tuesday 29th Jan

Hotel: Tryp Indalo Almería
Cost is around 58 Euros for a single, double or Twin
Four star, about a klick from the start

Race: online registration not yet open
Entry: around 10 Euros
This includes race pack, T-shirt, three course supper at the stadium the night before
Road circuit, stadium finish (500 metres on the track)
Around 600 entrants (maybe a few more), usually some top African runners.

Unofficial Monday activity:
Almahilla Mountain Plunge - a five mile(ish) offroad plummet down through the wild-west style hills to a small town for a beer

Evening activities:
Molly Malones's Irish pub
Many Tapas bars, including the excellent Fifth Bull
Walking about between bars and restaurants

This trip is completely disorganised - in terms of what you're obligated to do.
All, some or none of the above. There are non-running partners going too. If you fancy the trip drop a line on here. If there's enough of us we'll ask the hotel to lay on some mini-buses at the airport.

JSJers already signed up:
Sweder (Ash) and Moyleman (Chris)
Up for some mince pie madness tomorrow - Peacehaven at 10:30-ish. Was worried about late entrants - there's a maximum entry of 500 - but having been out this afternoon, and with the forecast for even more rain and wind, I suspect there won't be much of a queue.