RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: Fire in the sole
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since running in the stanmer park charity relay my feet are covered in huge blisters. i can only put this down to the tight turns every 50 metres. Needless to say after this mornings excursion from the marina [i can now put a face to Ladyrunner] my feet are on fire. Does anyone have any tips for recovery that don,t involve not running.
Today was a beautiful jaunt up the snake with Ladyrunner ,Roger ,Chris ,Helen,Dave and Gideon
Steve

I managed to get a big blister today during our run. It's my first blister for a long time but up until recently I have only been doing short runs. Today I wore some old running socks - twin skin type.

What socks were you wearing??

Next week I'll be returning to my 1000 mile single skins socks - ultra thin material - think that they are the 1000 mile triathlon socks.

Thanks to you all for your great company today and I'm really pleased as I ran the lap 10 minutes faster than a month ago, and I felt much better today afterwards.

I must be getting a bit fitter Big GrinBig Grin

JulieSmile
I was also wearing twin skin socks ,maybe thats the problem anyway i 'll not be running at all for a week. Next Sunday my three girls are running the race for life , so i'll be at Stanmer park cheering them on.
Sorry to hear about the trotters Stevio. Rog wore twin-skins for Two Oceans and had to ditch them after first 10k.
Luckily he carried a spare set Eek
Steve

I think its time to go to our fav 'jogging' shop and invest in some new single skin socks.

Enjoy next Sunday at Stanmer Park,
Julie Smile