RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: Claire de June
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know who Claire is. I just wanted to say that right up front. Nor June, for that matter. Strange women seem to be the theme of this thread, which really ought to be about running, but, well, perhaps the strange women are more interesting, after all.

A bit of a dent in the training schedule has been caused by new calamities at work. Whilst I'm safe, for the moment, the fascist regime that have taken over the senior executive have conducted their own Night of the Long Knives, ousting too many of the people who have been (apparently) around for too long and need to make way for Party members and friends of the executives. It all stinks, as this form of bastardisation always does.

Anyway, as a result of too many phone calls and furious emails and the plotting and planning of the overthrow of the tyrant bastards, I've lost my way in terms of training. I'll be back on track soon enough, but the focus has once more been forced from the spreadsheet and on to more mundane, but important matters of employment and attempts to instil some human bloody decency in the world of labour and industry.

Pizza. It all gives me a hankering for pizza. That can't be right.

Hmm.
Perhaps Margherita is also a strange woman?
General 'use anytime' advice:

1. Drink a whisky drink.
2. Drink a vodka drink.
3. Drink a lager drink.
4. Drink a cider drink.
5. Sing some songs that remind you of the good times.
6. Sing some songs that remind you of the better times.
7. Get knocked down.
8. Get back up again.

Repeat, as needed.
15 years of RC running wisdom summarised neatly there.

Maybe the choice of beverages just needs tweaking slightly.
(17-06-2018, 06:45 PM)Mid Life Crisis Marathon Man Wrote: [ -> ]General 'use anytime' advice:

1. Drink a whisky drink.
2. Drink a vodka drink.
3. Drink a lager drink.
4. Drink a cider drink.
5. Sing some songs that remind you of the good times.
6. Sing some songs that remind you of the better times.
7. Get knocked down.
8. Get back up again.

Repeat, as needed.

What's wrong with gin?
Nothing wrong with gin. Amend the lyrics to suit your own tune, I say.