RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: 13th July
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will be out for a plod this Sunday.

Marina start 9am as per usual.

Target 14/15 miles, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

Suggested route: Tye or through Saltdean, North face, YBR, drop back left to northward snake approach.
Tempting fate but I'll say 'see you there'. Deffo 2.5 hours for yours truly - it'll be just about my longest run of the year so far Eek
I'll be there on Sunday along with a couple of newbies from the track. Hopefully if Gary finds his way out of Dukes mound we'll see him to:RFLMAO:
steve scott Wrote:Hopefully if Gary finds his way out of Dukes mound we'll see him to:RFLMAO:

I'm missing this weekend as I'm on a camping rally at Lancing College. Have no fear I will be getting some miles in though as did 12 today with Janette K and Heather, and have planned a Sunday afternoon stroll around Devils Dyke.

Please fill me in on the quote above - did Gary get lost on the course last night? I did wander why the Brighton girls beat you boys!!Rolleyes
Gary is fast becoming legendary when it comes to orienteering, suffice to say he went astray deep inside Dukes mound:RFLMAO:
Apologies for this morning's absence, especially after instigating the thread. Have been collared by some malicious lurgie.

I was downheartened after finally rising and seeing the great weather conditions.

Still hopefully the rest will do me good and i'll back in shape for next Sun.

I will plan to do the route I suggested for today.

Hopefully some can make it out.

See you next week. Health willing.

I was part of Steve, Dave and Gary's team on Wednesday and what started out as a credible 50 yd lead on 2 fast teams,
thanks to Steve, turned into a no-man's land run in, too big a lead to chase.
Gary on the last leg, despite having run this race twice before managing to get lost on Duke's mound!!!
I reckon he was accosted, he states otherwise. I'm sure he will get ribbed for a while on this one.
I plan to be out for the run next Sunday. Route sounds great.

Gary will be ribbed for a long time by me :RFLMAO:- especially after his comment last weekend about how great the lift was but not the driver!!!
Apologies for my no show this morning, i got home at 6.30 this morning after collecting Mrs Stevio from Heathrow airport . She went to bed and i had my pre long run porridge and honey, i then sat down fell asleep and woke at 11.
I will be there next week as i need to pull my finger out.
steve scott Wrote:I will be there next week as i need to pull my finger out.
Of the porridge?? Eek Man you must make that stuff heavy :p
Won't see me - orf to the goddam US of A again Sunday to Sunday.
Don't get too bloody fit you lot - I'll be lagging even further behind . . . Sad
I am trying to get down in the next few weeks. I'll be down on the 27th for sure