RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: Starting out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This isn't the start of my training,  but it is the start of blogging about it. I'm aiming to do three half marathons in the next 6 months - October (Thames River Path), February (Almeria) and March (Moyleman). This would be three times as many as I've done before (one in June 2013 - Seaford Head), albeit in training on a number of occasions I have run more than 13 miles at a time. 

So my goal for October is to get under 2 hours - which on a flat course like Thames Path should be manageable. (I was originally aiming for Bamburgh half - but that's 400 miles away, and my lovely long-planned coastal accommodation fell through so that's off. Thames was next best option.)

I've enjoyed reading Sweder and more recently CharlieCat blogs (and run with them of course) - so thought I would see how blogging helps the training process. I gather one sometimes starts thinking about the impending blog post as you are running. So that might be interesting - narrating the run as you run so to speak.

I also have the joy of taking part in an event tomorrow - Hickstead Gallop - wearing Lewes AC club vest for first time, since they need bodies to make up the numbers for league points. Point for each entrant up to 26 members. I have no idea whether I'll feel great or terrible as part of a team of runners.  

So about to head off up Black Cap and beyond. And see what blogging thoughts strike me.

NB I might change my name to UpToTheWindmill since I've moved house since joining the forum 3 years ago ... and I no longer go OutAlongTheRiver for the start of every run. But we shall see.