RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: August and new beginnings (again)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It’s not that I haven’t been running.  Other than a couple of weeks with the lurgy I have run at least 3 miles a week… and some of the miles have been in Norway, France and Cumbria.  But if I’m honest… I’ve fallen off the band wagon; hit the dirt (well duvet); lost my mojo; put on 3kg and drunk far too much beer (if that’s actually possible).

But I am determined to put this behind me and look anew to the future.  And having run the Twittens this morning I realise how much work I need to put into the future.  My previous running form has exited stage left.   It’s time to rebuild and start putting in the miles – whether on wheels or feet, it doesn’t matter.

Almería raises it head next February… and I am planning a little jaunt up to Cumbria this autumn to run the Cat Bells (put a note in your diary BGG).  We also have a marathon to arrange (Date 12th March) and I think that at the very least the Race Director and I should test out each half at some point.

Lots to do… time to get on with it.
Good to hear CC, go for it, son.
Melancholy running.

I use to have a collie dog… I loved that dog.  She was called Jess, because that’s a proper collie dog name.  I always wished I'd called her Melon tho’ so as to have had a meloncollie dog.

Since Sunday I have run every day including today.  And it has been really tough.  Made tougher by the fact that I haven’t had a drop of ale since Saturday (cold turkey) and have crashed my calorie intake to get back to a reasonable running weight.  

I set out to run three miles tonight… the route chosen because it was flat (well as flat as you get in Lewes - still 70 metres of elevation).  I had to rest up twice which meant penalties.  1-minute rest equals an extra 0.1 miles.   In the end it turned out to be 4 miles (0.6 of that was penalty miles).  But it was slow and I needed to rest.  Time on the feet – good.  Junk miles – not so good.

Tomorrow is a day off (up early, home late), and then Friday I am going to attempt Blackcap.

On a positive amongst the frustrations, I went running last night with Mrs CC5.  We drove and parked at the top of Firle Borstal and then steadily climbed up to Firle Beacon.  I ran a little further and did a couple of loops so ended up running 4 miles to her 3.  It was lovely to be out together and I was impressed what a good runner she is starting to become.  Steady but determined – she doesn’t stop.  

[attachment=3094]
If the dog had lung problems, it would have been melancholic...

Best of luck with the return to health and fitness. It's not always easy, but it is always worth it.