RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: Garmin Forerunner 205 free to a good home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Counter to the naked running trend that seems to have us in its grip, I've been having a clear-out, and find I still have a Garmin Forerunner 205 (I now use a 405. It's free to a good home if anyone would like it.
Any fear of a run yet, Tom?
For what it's worth I'm not against these devices. I just find, as I return to running after injury/illness, that removing control elements frees me up to enjoy running for its own sake. It's been a liberating experience.

I'm still on my F205. Basic, perhaps, but reliable. Will use again for pacing sprint reps/ hills reps (coming soon) and long-distant sessions (coming later). I'll need them. I have big plans for 2015.
Just back from one actually, MLCMM — four miles over Seaford Head. I may even catalogue it later.
I agree, Sweder, when I've run without one, usually because I forgot to charge it, I do find it liberating.
(01-06-2014, 12:43 PM)tomroper Wrote: [ -> ]Just back from one actually, MLCMM — four miles over Seaford Head. I may even catalogue it later.
I agree, Sweder, when I've run without one, usually because I forgot to charge it, I do find it liberating.

Good to hear, Tom! I look forward to perusing your catalogue.

I've never really run sans technology, but I did ignore it for a couple of years, i.e. ran with a watch but didn't look at it, and didn't keep a spreadsheet of those runs. In the end however, I realised I wasn't running nearly as much, and really didn't enjoy it any more for being 'free' of the gadgets.

Guess I'm just too much of a number slut.
I'll take it off your hands Tom - nice and local too. Smile

I had one of these once but it got nicked. Having another might just make me end my err...two year taper.
It's yours, SP. Remind me of the address and I'll drop it round. It's got a plug and everything.
(03-06-2014, 06:01 PM)tomroper Wrote: [ -> ]It's yours, SP.

You mean it was you that stole it, Tom? Tongue