RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: March Is Moyleman Month
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It's Showtime.

The next two weeks will be a hive of activity, at work and at home as we welcome the Moyleman test event. Huge thanks to Mike Bannister and the great people at Run Brighton for this lovely plug.

http://www.runbrighton.com/storiesinterviews/

See you on the flip side.
Looking forward to it!
Fantastic work Sweder... are you running again yet?
I must find my hip flask before the great day. I feel I may need it out on the hills
(03-03-2014, 09:38 PM)tomroper Wrote: [ -> ]I must find my hip flask before the great day. I feel I may need it out on the hills

I felt the need to drink a half bottle of Glenlivet just reading about it. Confused
Mapping news. One of our bikers recently cycled the entire course, producing this map. Then one of our runners mapped the course on MapMyRun, producing an elementary elevation map.

Interestingly both exercises suggest a good half a mile discrpancy in our planning, something this test event is designed to weed out. The data from runners will be interesting.
And, because working on an iPad means I can't post more than one attachment in any one post, here's the elevation map

[attachment=2800]

Not quite the data feast some of the stathounds around here would like.
We'll get better data from the runners. Those who survive, anyway.
Heh heh.
Madness, of the utter, utter, UTTER variety.

Doubtless Chris would heartily approve. Well done.
One of the best possible tributes a man could hope for ... what a great job you've done! Hope the weather plays it's part although it might be even more fitting if it rained I suppose!
All the best for the race today, Sweder!
Best of luck with that wonderful race and homage to Chris Moyle. I'm sure it'll be a great success. Looking forward to being able to take part in it one year.
'If you build it, they will come'

We built it, they came, and oh, what a day it was!
Blue skies, cool breeze, blazing sunshine.
Amazing.

[attachment=2802]

So many people to thank, not least co conspirators Duncan, Rob, Tom and Martin. Not just for today but the weeks before and all day yesterday, briefing marshals, posting signage, mapping, recruiting ... immense. Our small band of rolling, roving marshals somehow covered the whole course and, thanks to the witch's hat hill at the finish, got to the John Harvey Tavern in time to welcome them home.

First man home bagged 3 hours 50, with all finishers in under 5 hours.
Quote of the day: 'that was tougher than the Stinger'.
Happy.
Well done mate, really looking forward to the write-up!
I plan to write up a short overview of the event (for the local press and future promotion).
As far as race reports go, I'll leave that to the runners. Here are some early links:

Ultra runner Luke Ashton reports from the Moyleman
The Moyleman on Fleecebook
James McCauley's photos

[attachment=2803]

Password: where I live, capital L
All good, except James McCauley's page requires a password ...

Looks like fabulous weather was had ... surely that can't be right? Luke made it sound easy ... that can't be right, either!

What a fantastic race though - well done Sweder, you've done Chris proud. Can't wait for next year and the real thing, in real rain, freezing cold and gooey mud.

Congrats to all!
Password is there ...
A nice link from one of our runners.
Good pace/ elevation data and an updated route map.
Have just been checking up on the reports and photos. Don't really know the South Downs (except for a bike ride from Brighton to Eastbourne many moons ago!) but it reminds me a lot of the Dorset hills. Everything is so gloriously green, what a great day you had.
What sort of dates are you thinking of for next year?
The date is set: Sunday 15th March.
Lots of frantic work going on behind the scenes to get this accredited. Route changes, affiliations with UKA, engagement with local council and the hunt for sponsors. The fun stops here!
(24-03-2014, 07:59 AM)Sweder Wrote: [ -> ]The date is set: Sunday 15th March.
Lots of frantic work going on behind the scenes to get this accredited. Route changes, affiliations with UKA, engagement with local council and the hunt for sponsors. The fun stops here!

And don't forget affiliation with RunningCommentary.net!
Pages: 1 2 3 4