RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: Running Shoes in the Washing Machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Discuss...
Best take them off first.
It always sounds a terrible idea to me. Can't do them any good. The occasional dip under the garden tap is all mine get.
Car wash for mine. Tie them to the door handles.
I remember putting mine in a washing machine the night before going on holiday. It melted the heel cups. Ruined my running plans as I was going to rural India with no sports stores Big Grin.

In retrospect I should not have used a hot wash. Or I could have ripped the cups out. Sounds obvious now. But I tried to mask the deformity with plasters then run in sandals. Disaster.

You could use one but just make sure it's a cold wash.

I don't any more. I soke them in a bucket. Then put them on top of a radiator. But only an old metal radiator. Not hot air. They also melt stuff.
I'm just impressed that SP's running again often enough to warrant washing his running shoes. Or are you asking on behalf "of a friend" SP?
I had my own dalliance with this last year. Disastrous, bust the WM, dog-house for a week.
A splash with the garden hose after each muddy run works. I suppose you could zap them in the dishwasher (on their own) but only if you have a cool wash option. Note G-man's warning above re: melting.
The definitive answer is....

To soak then in hot water and washing powder for 3 days, then bung them in the dishwasher on a rinse only cycle.

Good as new Big Grin
Great. Now what about my hangover from Friday night?
Holy hell ...
(24-02-2014, 11:39 AM)Sweder Wrote: [ -> ]Great. Now what about my hangover from Friday night?
Holy hell ...

Put you thru the car wash tied to door handles?
Indeed, you must have been steaming. You invited us over on saturday evening to sample your wife's fabled fish curry.
But as has already been asked, SP - what's your interest in running shoes these days? Do tell.
(24-02-2014, 05:00 PM)Seafront Plodder Wrote: [ -> ]You invited us over on saturday evening to sample your wife's fabled fish curry.

That I did, but you never showed up.

Did you? Huh
(24-02-2014, 10:41 AM)Seafront Plodder Wrote: [ -> ]The definitive answer is....

To soak then in hot water and washing powder for 3 days, then bung them in the dishwasher on a rinse only cycle.

Good as new Big Grin

How do you keep the water hot for three days??

Huh
What's all this washing your shoes business? I wallop mine together occasionally to dislodge the mud (it makes them a little lighter I find) but that's it. Life is far to short to be washing shoes.
(13-04-2014, 04:01 PM)Charliecat5 Wrote: [ -> ]What's all this washing your shoes business? I wallop mine together occasionally to dislodge the mud (it makes them a little lighter I find) but that's it. Life is far to short to be washing shoes.

Quite right.