RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: Question on the RW forum...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"At what point before a marathon should you start carbon loading?"

Big Grin
Probably about 300 years, to mitigate anthropogenic climate change?
When I ran my fastest marathon I only carbo loaded for the day before - don't think this is the long enough though - should probably be 3-4 days.
Hmm ... never tried that before. Is that some kind of kinky thing with a fishing rod? I think we should be told ...

Surely the question should be 'at what point before a marathon should you stop carbo-loading? Big Grin
I think carb loading takes years to master properly, so I think I'd recommend about three years.

If you don't have the dedication for three years solid training, maybe carb load alongside the taper?
(16-03-2010, 09:08 AM)ladyrunner Wrote: [ -> ]When I ran my fastest marathon I only carbo loaded for the day before - don't think this is the long enough though - should probably be 3-4 days.

Read the message again.... Smile
(17-03-2010, 11:12 PM)El Gordo Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-03-2010, 09:08 AM)ladyrunner Wrote: [ -> ]When I ran my fastest marathon I only carbo loaded for the day before - don't think this is the long enough though - should probably be 3-4 days.

Read the message again.... Smile

... carefully ... Big Grin
My sentiments exactly. Big Grin