RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: When too much cricket is nowhere to be seen.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Australia vs West Indies 1st Test

Our first test series since losing the Ashes and I was really looking forward to this one. Day 1 was great: Australia batted well, the Windies bowled well and it was shaping up to be a fantastic test match.

Then on the second day the Windies capitulated, were sent in to bat a second time and capitulated again. An innings and 65 runs win to Australia well inside three days and a shit game which few people saw because the match started on Thursday; and so by Saturday the result was a forgeone conclusion and no-one went.

Disappointing.
Something wrong with your post there mate.

A post about cricket and only the last three words of the second paragraph were visable on my screen... Big Grin
(30-11-2009, 10:44 AM)Seafront Plodder Wrote: [ -> ]Something wrong with your post there mate.

A post about cricket and only the last three words of the second paragraph were visable on my screen... Big Grin

Ah yes... sarcasm. Very witty.

And I think the word you sought was visible. Visable is something that can be bought by credit card.

And by the way, Roy Rogers.
Was Roy there? terrific!
It's a shame that the Aussie public have turned against this once-great, world-beating side.
You'd have thought they'd be over that Ashes mauling by now ...
Spot on MLC. When one's argument in favour of the world's most tedious Game falls down, resort to pointing out typo's. Big Grin

Moanwhile, this article made me smile.

England To Un-invent Cricket.
(30-11-2009, 04:00 PM)Seafront Plodder Wrote: [ -> ]Spot on MLC. When one's argument in favour of the world's most tedious Game falls down, resort to pointing out typo's. Big Grin

Moanwhile, this article made me smile.

England To Un-invent Cricket.

Ah yes... satire. Very ... English.

The second test starts in a few days in Adelaide. As luck would have it, I'll even be in town at the time. But I'm not sure I can bring myself to go: it's likely to be another awful mis-match. The Windies really will need to find something special in their arsenal if they are to be competitive, but frankly I don't know how they can lift themselves.

But don't worry SP, whatever happens, I'll be sure to give you a full report. Happy
The decline of the West Indies is sad. Most people of a certain age here will recall the fear they generated back in the 70s and 80s under Clive Lloyd and Viv Richards. Seems hard to believe now. Gayle did the team few favours by essentially admitting that he thought test cricket was outmoded earlier this year. Rightly or wrongly, it gave the impression that their heart just wasn't in it.

Of course, over here we rather like playing a team on its uppers. Victory is far from guaranteed or even expected here, despite the last two home Ashes series. Australians seem to much prefer a tight contest even if it means risking defeat. I wouldn't hold out too much hope of a spirited fightback here though. The Windies seem to lose their bottle easily these days.