RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: Andy's Diet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, Andy.

It was interesting to read about your great day out last Saturday, especially about all the "naughty but nice" food. I don't remember you writing much about your food habits when you're on a proper diet. I'd be interested since I'm currently trying to shed some before the Bristol Half.

Over to you...
Indeed Andy does appear to be on the 'less is more' diet, and a damn fine one it is too. The theory behind it is that you have to train all the harder just to remain the same weight because of all the calories you are shoving down your neck!

I follow the same one.

Personally I don't think you should diet Griff, if the only reason you are doing so is lose wieght before a race. Why not just up the mileage a little bit, and see what happens?
Nah.... I started running to lose weight in 1999. Went from 15st to 12st in 5 months. This was coupled with fairly strict Slimmers World style diet (keeping carbo and protein meals on different days). However I have got into bad ways over the last couple of years and tend to snack a lot. I am ashamed to say that I've crept up to 13st5lbs and an average of 6 miles a week isn't keeping it in check. Therefore, i am on a diet now for two weeks before I go on a cruise (more temptation) which will be followed by the Bristol Half six days after my return. I certainly intend to up the miles over the next two weeks to about 15 a week.

The post was really intended to get Andy to write about the healthier part of his food intake.
PS:

Andy might be interested to know that I took a leaf out of his book today and went on a 5.18 run up Engine Common Lane - Chaingate Lane - Dyers Lane this morning. Working from home today so I thought it wouldn't be dangerous if I dozed off driving my desk rather than my car. It was certainly a lot more comfortable than an evening run in this heatwave. Time was fairly good (for me) too at 42m25s (8.2min/miles). My daughter came along on her bike so maybe she had a pacing effect!
BUGGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wrote long reply and managed to lose it.

BWWAAAHHHHAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH-GGGHHHH
Quote:Originally posted by andy
BUGGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wrote long reply and managed to lose it.

BWWAAAHHHHAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH-GGGHHHH

I'd moan at the site administrator if I were you Andy!
If you knew about him what I know, you wouldn't waste your breath.....
BUGGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! envore!!!

Maybe I'll never know...........
I mean "encore" buggarrrrr!! [Should've previewed my post!]