RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: Hogweed Trot 10K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I sit down to write this, Andy and _colin have just driven off into the sunset having completed the the inaugural Hogweed Trot 10K race in Yate. Well done Andy for turning out on a Monday evening for a 10K; and for doing so only a week after the Copenhagen marathon.

The Hogweed Trot is named after the local running club "The Hogweed Trotters" (http://www.hogweedtrotters.co.uk), and was run up the country lanes where Andy trained for the London Marathon a couple of years ago (see the diary) and where I do my running these days.

I hadn't run for over a week and, this being my first 10K, turned in a PB of 47m55. I leave Andy to post his thoughts and times in his diary.
Cheers Pete, nice to meet you again.

It's late and I'm a bit knackered, and need to be up early in the morning, so forgive me if I say no more than that at the moment. I have a long train journey tomorrow, so I'll aim to get some thoughts down about the experience. Incidentally, I wrote my Copenhagen marathon report several days ago but haven't posted it yet. I keep thinking there's something I've missed.

Will try to get it posted tomorrow night.

Andy