RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: hints for...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
older runners and how to improve speed appeared as a feature in British Runner recently, I only glanced at the mag while at the airport earlier this month, thinking that I would buy it when I returned...unfortuantly I haven't been able to find it since - maybe it was last months copy?? If anyone has it, could you possibly give me a precis/gist of the advice, I seem to remember it was linked to stride length getting shorter with age. I would ask on the Runners World site, but thought I might get black listed if I asked for info from a rival publication:-0

Hope you are all thriving and training hard ;-) I still can't breath properly, must be the pollen or something - oooh excuses!
I bought the June issue a few weeks ago as it had a terrible article by me in it. Must admit I didn't look through the rest of it, but I'll dig it out and take a look later.

Andy
That's really kind of you - what was the article you wrote? Is this a new venture or something you have been doing for ages? Do you have any more articles/books in the pipe line?
Hi SW

It was a pretty useless thing about marshalling at the London marathon. Pretty much the same piece as I posted here about the day. It was the first running article I've done though I've had a few other things published over the years.

I've been writing a running book for what seems like a long time now, though the finish line is still a long way off. I'm always hesitant about mentioning it. Peter Cook's incisive cartoon comes to mind. Two blokes at a London drinks party:

First Chap: "What are you doing these days?"
Second Chap: "Writing a novel"
First Chap: "Neither am I."

I've just written a couple of articles about my recent trip to Cuba which I thought I'd tout around. Will let you know how I get on.

Back soon...

Andy

PS Had a look at BR last night. It's the May issue but couldn't see the item you mention. Perhaps it was the June one you saw.