RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: great to be back and...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
to read your diaries and mails. Running has taken a bit of a back seat for me recently what with one thing and another, but on the plus side did manage a personal best in a recent 5k Race for Life -don't laugh I forgot to set my watch - but according to the commentator who was counting us in I managed it in under 28 minutes, I would love to think it was nearer to 27 than 28 but will never know! Felt very virtuous as I was one of the first over 50's back. Having trouble running long at the moment, maybe I just need to enter a race to get me motivated to go out for more than a three mile toddle round?
Good effort SW! You're certainly thrashing the pants off this young 'un... my last 5km (just an hour ago) was 31:42. Guess I've got some work to do.

What's your secret? Guiness?
Here, have some more bloody congratulations.

Faster than me too.

But see if I care.
I think someone needs a hug! Come here Andy ... and I'll see if I can find someone to give you one.
I could thrive on such praise...mind you I forgot to mention that my daughter told me I looked absolutely kna**ered when I finished :-) I still reckon I'm better suited to 10k than 5, but must find some time to run longer..will be doing the Stockport 10 mile again in December - very testing course, but such nice people and very well run- comes complete with hotpot at the finish. Haven't thought about any other runs in between.

Am due to take part in my husbands mid-life crisis (yes MLCM other peolple have them too!!) early Sept, we are taking a Harley into New Mexico and then along a stretch of the old Route 66- how cliched, but will get a chance to do some waddling at altitude as we are starting out from friends in Denver where the air is thin to say the least...Wish me luck