RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: What a shame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sunday morning proved far too icey and slippery for me to attempt the Stockport 10miler, I'm just too fragile to risk another fall :o
stillwaddler Wrote:Sunday morning proved far too icey and slippery for me to attempt the Stockport 10miler, I'm just too fragile to risk another fall :o

Bad luck SW. I'd come and do Wilmslow with you but it's the same day as my own local half -- Reading. I was out running yesterday, and there was plenty of ice around along the canal towpath. Fortunately I still have plenty of insulating blubber to cushion any fall. Despite all your travails, I hope you're managing to inch your way back to some sort of normality.
Sorry to hear that . . . probably a wise decision given your recent challenges. Does this mean you're a possible late addition to the 2009 Almeria Armada??? Big Grin
wish I could join the Armada unfortunately work commitments and the rubbish flights on offer from the North are conspiring against me - perhaps I should run a half here on the same day to keep in sympathy? Friend of mine has just entered the Barcelona Marathon - anybody know anyone who has completed it?
[SIZE="1"]have been very lazy this last week or so, pavements too slippery, forgot to take running stuff to work, busy with Christmas things - loads of excuses, but have just checked my running log and for the first time in years I will not exceed 500 running miles for 2008. this must change :-([/SIZE]
Clocking over 500 miles a year "for years" is a great achievement -- don't let one little blip put you off. I'm going to achieve little better than half that this year. Here's to 2009!