RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: Looking For A new Job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear All,
Does anyone out there want a hardened hotelier / Project Manager in the next few months?

PS. Or know of a possible buyer of an Indirect Access Provider of Telecommunications Products, preferably in the next six weeks?

Signed
Possibly Desperate of Blisworth

Posted under "General Running" as I could be running out of options.
Oo-er. Not redundancy, I hope?

I've been eyeing my own sword of Damocles for a long time now.
Redundancy is actually one of the best things that can happen to you. In fact I have several ideas about how to get a redundancy when they don't want to let you go. Never be afraid of new directions. Doubly applicable to runners. Smile
A mate of mine recently had to go through some sort of aptitude (psychometric?) interview, applying for his own job when there were some compulsory redundancies to be made.

He was already mightily pissed off and had another job to go to, so apparently he made himself look an incompetent arse to get made redundant.

Knowing him, I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall. He achieved his objective and walked with £28k. Eek

I actually agree with MLC. We all get into confort zones in our work, whatever it is we do, and although it will not seem like it at the time, often a new job can re-light the fire - redundancy pay or not.

I wish you well Ian.
I have some views on this one, but I'm going to keep quiet, as it's not unknown for people I work with to pop in here...
Quote:Originally posted by andy
I have some views on this one, but I'm going to keep quiet, as it's not unknown for people I work with to pop in here...

S'ok Andy, you've told us all before.

"Jumped-up incompetent jobsworths" wasn't it?
You know what they, SP: "Don't get mad, get even...."
I have to agree with the idea that redundancy can be the best thing. In fact, I'm quite looking forward to it, if it materialises.
It might just be the push we need to dust off our passports and set up shop somewhere else, away from this bloody rain!
Ian, do you still have a brother in New Zealand? Or am I thinking of someone else? Either way, it's a great opportunity to run some exotic races, I mean, search OS for employment...