RunningCommentary.net Forums

Full Version: Sunday jaunt 18.01.09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
anyone up for North Face, YBR then back via death valley, snake, race course this Sunday?Confused
That's about 17 miles?
I'm up for NF, YBR but may go straight across top of the W and home (about 14.5).
Sweder Wrote:That's about 17 miles?
I'm up for NF, YBR but may go straight across top of the W and home (about 14.5).

oops! getting my valleys mixed up!Rolleyes
steepler Wrote:oops! getting my valleys mixed up!Rolleyes

14 to 15 sounds good.Cool
I'm up for the ybr provided theres somebody to take the newbies up the snake.
steve scott Wrote:I'm up for the ybr provided theres somebody to take the newbies up the snake.

I'm sure Tony will be snaking it.Smile
He's not going up the Snake in that blue lycra; s'not allowed Cool
If you allow interlopers from Seaford, I'm looking for 12 miles or thereabouts on Sunday at 9, after dropping 'er indoors off at work
Hey Tom, welcome! Please do come and join us - 9am start at the top of the steps above brighton marina.
There's a 12-ish group and a 14-ish group.
Bring some sunshine wouldya? Big Grin
Yes, 33 mph westerlies, gusting to 43...but suffering is good for the soul
tomroper Wrote:Yes, 33 mph westerlies, gusting to 43...but suffering is good for the soul

He said sunshine!

Be good to have another runner out there!Smile
steepler Wrote:Be good to have another runner out there!Smile
Agreed - more bodies to shelter behind! Eek
Some provide more shelter than others:RFLMAO:
Hi Tom.
GBSmile
Gillybean831 Wrote:Some provide more shelter than others:RFLMAO:
Hi Tom.
GBSmile

Are you suggesting Ash is a windbreak?:RFLMAO:
I resemble that remark!
I prefer windbag Wink
Talking of wind, looks like there might be plenty about out there this morning.
YBR could be delightful.
Tom Roper .... that's a name that I have heard off before.

Another guy who writes a running blog - have stumbled across your running blog a few times when I have googled race results. Hope you enjoyed the run today Tom??

I couldn't make it out for the run. I had to return to my youth football duties - another successful day as we won 4-1.SmileSmile

Julie
Yes, met Tom today - he did the Snake with Steve & Co. He hails from Seaford - but let's not hold that against him!
He does indeed host a site in the Blogosphere.
Tom also hosts a separate site on running. Nice to meet you Tom.
Hi everybody. And a great pleasure to meet you all too, thanks for the run. Found it hard work to keep up with the pace,, but that's the good thing about running with a group...stretches you. If I'd been on my own I'd have been doing 11 minute miles. I'll be back...though not quite sure when.
Sweder suggested I do something to publicise the forum. V. happy to and have put a link in my post describing yesterday. Any other ideas?
Tom -- Thanks for the mention on your excellent blog. It may be beyond the call of duty to suggest you invest in some superb RC running apparel but beyond that, perhaps you could just mention us to any Brighton area runners you get talking to.

I hope to get down there for a long run this winter. I say that every year, but never do. I presume you need off-road shoes for those routes...?

(Andy)
Thanks, will do. I might well buy a shirt. Do you do them in tweed?
I've never invested in trail shoes myself, though they would have been useful on some sections yesterday. I did see Sam doing a shoe inspection at the start.
Pages: 1 2